My favorite SEO plugin for WordPress is Yoast.
I particularly like the Yoast SEO plugin because even the free version is great.
A few reasons I like the free version of Yoast SEO:
- It really helps with your on-page ranking factors by alerting you when something is missing.
- Checks for readability, and keyword density, which is how often you mention a certain keyword in your text.
- Corrects you as you write just like Grammarly does for spelling and grammar mistakes, which helps you be a better writer.
- Helps you make your XML sitemap easily
- Gives you full control over site breadcrumbs with a simple piece of code
- You can set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content, which helps prevent Google penalties
Yoast also has a premium version that is priced at $89 but offers even more functionality.
Reasons why I like the premium version of Yoast:
- Suggests internal links to other pages on your site as you write
- Shows you the 5 words or phrases you use the most often on your page to make sure they match your chosen keywords
- Easily redirects old URLs to new ones so you don’t get errors (ie:404 not found pages)
- Get a clear overview of your focus keywords and SEO scores
- Also, you get a really good newsletter and free 24/7 support.
If you are new to websites and content creation, I highly recommend Yoast Premium and at the very least plain old Yoast to help make sure you are creating your content the way Google wants to read it.
Yoast SEO is a very helpful free plugin for WordPress in 2018 and has been around for many years. It has been the best one for quite some time now, with over one million active installations. If you do not currently have Yoast installed on your WordPress site, please go do it now. I’ve included a link at the top of this page to their main website. You’ll thank me later.