Premium Hosting & WordPress Support
Monthly Hosting & Support Plans
All premium hosting plans include the following:
- Premium Hosting with Google Cloud Servers. The platform is powered by Google Cloud which is a technically superior hosting service.
- Daily Backups & Website Recovery. Automated Daily Backups with the world’s most trusted WordPress backup, restore, and clone plugin trusted by over 2 million WordPress websites. Don’t risk losing your website to a server crash, a hacker, outdated plugins or even user error. We take daily backups of all files and database and store it in the cloud just in case something happens. Better safe than sorry!
- Security – (SSL HTTPS). Your SSL, which provides HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between the user’s computer and the website, is included. This ensures the padlock shows up in the browser when people visit your website. HTTPS provides three key layers of protection: Encryption, Data Integrity, & Authentication. It is best practice to not share any personal information online with any website that does not have HTTPS. You must have an SSL in place nowadays. If you don’t, it really hurts your ability to rank and it also makes your website “not trusted” by search engines, so they might not even show your website. Also, if anyone is filling out a form, uploading a file, purchasing something, etc…you MUST protect their data. The only way to do this is an SSL certificate. You will get this for FREE with all hosting plans Michelle On Point offers.
- Premium Hosting. I have partnered with Siteground, a platform powered by Google Cloud which is a technically superior hosting service. It uses its ultra-fast network and SSD (Solid-State Drive) persistent storage. SSD is better and more efficient than traditional storage because it lacks moving parts and can read/write data at incredible speeds which gives the end user a great experience. Systems based on SSD technology are faster and more responsive. It includes a FREE CDN (Content Delivery Network) which speeds up your website. Also, they utilize HTTP/2 which means that the transferring of resources is faster and more efficient.
- Ultrafast PHP. This makes your website load quicker.
- Google Analytics Tracking Code. You will have this installed on your website if you’d like.
What is WordPress Support and Why Do I Need it?
WordPress support is #AllTheThings that you never knew you needed to do to your website to keep it healthy.
- WordPress Core Updates. If you’ve been around WordPress for any length of time, you know that WordPress Core AND the plugins are updated by their authors from time to time. When this happens, we must also update them on our websites to prevent vulnerabilities. I make sure that your plugins are up to date.
- Updates to Premium Tools. For starters, I use all the BEST premium tools (plugins, themes, forms, etc) to build your website. I probably spend about $2,000 a year in subscriptions to the various premium tools I use. The cool thing about having ME build your website is that you don’t have to go out and buy all the tools and you don’t have to keep them current. That’s something I do. As long as I’m maintaining your website, I can keep all of the tools I used during the creation of your website (the plugins that make your website work properly) up to date. This means that you don’t have to purchase and maintain all those licenses yourself.
- Speed Optimization. Staying on top of this is something that is becoming more important as time goes on. As the AI improves, Google is paying more attention to the experience people have while on your website. If they stay a while and read or if they bounce (known as dwell time) and other performance issues like how fast your site loads. If your site takes forever to load, people often bounce and move on to the next site that loads faster. So, there are a number of things that we do behind the scenes to improve the amount of time it takes for your website to load. This is something that I include with some of my hosting plans and it can also be purchased a la carte if you’d like.
- Premium Forms. This is something that I’ve recently become a big fan of. WPForms is my form of choice now because they have so many cool 3rd party integrations, they can be tracked, they have conditional logic, and most importantly, they have a great bit of security that can be added to make them work really well. What does that mean? How does a form work really well? It blocks spam, sends thank you emails to people when they fill it out, and has security features that help prevent you from getting your email blacklisted. So many cool things and much more, but I’m a huge fan of WPForms. The only thing is, it’s expensive as all get out so I offer it at a rate that you can afford by making it available a la carte if you would like a form on your website. There are free options of forms, but they are limited in functionality and have a tendency to bring lots of unwanted spam emails when bots fill them out constantly.
- Web Application Firewall Security. This is to protect your website from hackers. Think of it as a hard shell around your website that keeps hackers out. It’s also like insurance for your website just in case they’re able to hack. It’s monitored 24/7 and the moment something happens, it gets fixed at no additional charge to you. This is something that I believe in SO strongly, I include it for FREE the first year for all my hosting plans because everyone needs this. Select plans include it all the time.