Be sure to read all the way to the end for my FREE offer! Valid through the end of March 2020.
5 Helpful Things For Local Businesses During Lock Downs
During this time of economic uncertainty, I’m sure you’re scratching your head wondering what you as a small business owner can do for your local community to be helpful without putting yourself or your family at risk.
I’m going to share 5 things you must do as a business owner to not only show goodwill towards your customers but to help you come out on the other side of this time (who knows how long it will be) well-positioned for continued success.
- Communicate with your customers – Inform your customers how they can still do business with you. Set expectations and show them how you can support them through this tough time.
- Align with the cause – When you resist, you show your will. In marketing, it is important to control perceptions, and goodwill always triumphs. Personal beliefs do not need to be reflected in your business. You want a “We are taking this seriously” attitude.
- Align with charity – Find a way to help in a meaningful way in the community, and tell people you are doing so. Donations, labor, volunteering efforts, training, etc can all be a great way to connect deeper with your customers and potential new customers by showing goodwill.
- Double-down on Marketing – When others pull out of the marketing game, the competition becomes WAY LESS, therefore, less expensive to do more! Now is the time to gain an advantage over your competitors while some of them will be pulling out of the market due to fear, this is your chance to come out ahead 30 – 90 days from now.
- Increase levels of service – Find a way to come to your customers and meet them halfway on the effort it takes to do business with you. Leverage e-commerce, delivery services, pick up services, etc. when possible. When you are the easiest one to do business with, people will feel that, and in many cases will promote and praise your business for giving a higher level of service.
What Michelle On Point is Doing to Help
- Our doors will remain open, and I will continue to support my clients as well as any past and future clients who need my help and expertise.
- I am taking all the recommended CDC precautions and practicing social distancing. All meetings are being held online with Zoom, and I also use a service called Loom that allows me to record and send videos to my clients.
- I am offering this $300 – $500 service FREE to my current and past clients. (The line is growing, but I’ll fulfill them ASAP)
- If you are a new client, I will give you a 50% discount for this service.
- I am ramping up my YouTube videos and will be posting more videos in the coming weeks about web design, SEO, and how to have an online business.
- If you have any questions please reach out!
If you’re not familiar with Loom, it is an online app that allows you to record your screen as well as yourself talking while sharing your screen. Loom is making its services available to schools for free during this time which is really awesome. I thought I’d share that in case you are a teacher and looking for a way to help your students.
I received an email from the CEO of Loom. This is what it said:
Please Reach Out!
- On Fridays, I am available to pick up some groceries or needed items for you if you need help locally. Please reach out by Thursday if you are in need of my help on a Friday and I’ll help where I can.
- I am also offering free WordPress training available on my YouTube Channel for anyone who is interested in learning how to build a website and all that goes into it.
Get a FREE COVID-19 Notice on your website
- As a FREE service at this time, I will create a notice on your website alerting your visitors as to what your business is now doing in response to the COVID-19 crisis as well as a page on your website that they can read for more information. I am offering this as a FREE service for my current clients. This is my way of giving back and helping you as a local business stay on top of things as well as show how you are doing your part for the community.