Google My Business – How to Add and remove listing owners and managers
Owners of listings can invite additional users to own or manage a listing. Adding owners and managers lets users share management of a listing without having to share personal account information. Owners, managers, and communications managers all have different levels of access to the listing.
Only an owner can add or remove users. However, a manager may remove himself or herself from a listing. Google Groups can’t be added as managers or owners of listings.
To add an owner or manager to a listing:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Users from the menu.
- In the top right corner, click the “Invite new managers” icon .
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add.
- Select the user’s role by choosing Owner, Manager, or Communications manager.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
This window displays all active owners and managers, as well as people who have been invited to become owners or managers. You can cancel pending invitations by clicking the X in the row with the invitation you want to remove.
- Open the Google My Business app.
- Tap the three dash menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap Manage users.
- Tap the plus icon + in the top-right corner.
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to add as an owner or manager, then tap the plus icon + to the right of their name.
- Select their role by tapping Owner, Manager, or Communications manager in the menu that appears.
This page displays all the active users as well as people who have been invited to become owners or managers. You can cancel pending invitations by tapping the three dot menu icon next to the invitation you want to remove, then tapping Remove .
You can also change a the role of a user by tapping the three dot menu icon next to their name and tapping Edit role. Select their new role by tapping it in the menu that appears.