Change channel owners & managers
If a channel is linked to a Brand Account, multiple people can manage the channel from their Google Accounts. You don’t need a separate username or password to manage YouTube channels with a Brand Account.
Before you start: You’ll only see the option to change owners and managers if your channel is linked to a Brand Account. Learn how to check to see if your channel is connected to a Brand Account or move your channel to a Brand Account.
View or add people
Only the owner of a Brand Account can grant people access to a YouTube channel.
- On YouTube, sign in as the owner of the Brand Account.
- In the top right, click the account icon and select the channel you want to manage.
- Go to the channel’s account settings by clicking the channel icon > then Settings or settings icon .
- Click Add or remove managers. You’ll be redirected to the “Brand Account details” page.
- Click Manage permissions. You’ll see a list of people who can manage the account.
- To invite new people, choose Invite new users .
- Enter their email addresses.
- Below their names, choose their role:
- Owners can take the most actions, and they control who manages the account. An account must have one primary owner. Note: Owners can take full actions on the channel, including deleting the channel, removing other owners, and designating others as either owners or managers.
- Managers can use Google services that support Brand Accounts, like share photos on Google Photos or post videos on YouTube.
- Note that communications managers don’t have access to YouTube channels. Learn more about roles for Brand Accounts.
- Select Invite Done.